domingo, agosto 27, 2006

Convention appreciation post :)

So, I just got done making a resolution (again) to:
1) Intensify my ministry.
2) Stay NO part of the world. Which, really implies making continued efforts in that area. For me at least.

It's come down to the line. "The end is near" as they say. Just gotta remember that the next big thing for humanity, the ONE thing we've ALL waited our WHOLE lives for, is just about to happen. So, really we all might as well make this resolve or else what are we gonna say when it's right in our face? Are we going to have a clear and obvious "wheat blossom" of sacred service that identifies us as a christian, or will the "reapers" look at us and have to think for a minute about whether we are just a wheat stalk that isn't producing, or in fact a weed? Cos, either way, honestly, that's just no good.

One other thing. I recently had a scripture explained to me in a way that really touched me. It's a very common scripture. Matthew 6:33 "Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom...and all these other things will be added to you."
The way the person explained how they felt about this scripture is like this; First it says what our job is. Then it says what Jehovah's job is. Our job is to seek first the kingdom. Jehovah's is to add all other things, which he can and will do, so long as we do ours. So, why would we try to worry about doing Jehovah's job? We already have one, and it would be foolish to stop doing our job to worry about Jehovah's part.
I'd never thought of it in that way. It's just like - and I love the way the brother gave this experience - how he said he and his wife decided just to regular pioneer while still haveing financial debt, because it became clear to them that that was just going to be a fact of life for them and pioneering was more important than fretting over it. So, they pioneered, and in time they no longer had the debt to worry about. He didn't say how, and it didn't matter how. Jehovah obviously took up his part of the deal. They sought first the kingdom, Jehovah added a relief from financial worry. Simple.

Good convention. Even the second time.

16 skulls lined up on the desk.

Blogger Jenny apparently wants to die.

Yes, that couple who decided to pioneer while still having that debt was an outstanding experience. I loved it!

Now that you are bilingual, try listening to spanish music more. It will expand your spanish! By listening to it, you may not know all its lyrics,but that really is ok! At least you'd understand some of it, and it will build from there. You know alot so far!

Didn't really see you much at the convention. Maybe once?!
You were probably cleaning and helping out the brothers. :)

My mom came with me Sat and Sun btw!

12:03 a. m.  
Blogger Dante the Inferno apparently wants to die.

Ah, yeah. I saw you and your mom. I didn't get to say hi to her, but eh... I feel bad I didn't so, do that for me, k? thx.

12:30 p. m.  
Blogger Jenny apparently wants to die.

OK, I will.

4:09 p. m.  
Blogger abz apparently wants to die.

wow, that really is an awesome way of explaining that scripture.

4:24 p. m.  
Blogger la viajera apparently wants to die.

Wow, well said. It's not often that we say the important things. Maybe we fear looking stupid. I think as the end gets closer our thoughts and conversations will get deeper and more spiritual

9:47 p. m.  
Blogger Jenny apparently wants to die.

I love this viejito man! He plays so good! I wish I can play like that=(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxtOlFo-1hE&mode=related&search=
Finger picking is my goal..

11:00 p. m.  
Blogger Dante the Inferno apparently wants to die.

I think that's true Summer. Plus, you can't feel stupid if you just say what the bible says. I mean... c'mon. It's the bible :)

11:10 p. m.  
Blogger Daniel Greene apparently wants to die.

great post. i thought that resolution at the end of the convention was great. great reminders all three days!

5:56 p. m.  
Blogger Dante the Inferno apparently wants to die.

Hehe. Thanks guys.

AAAAaaaaaaand... Btw, Mathue. It was actualy a sister who explained that scripture to me like that! Cool huh? I love the sisters :)

6:30 p. m.  
Blogger la viajera apparently wants to die.

yeah we know how much you love the sisters ;P

10:08 p. m.  
Blogger beyondthestairs apparently wants to die.

Wonderfully said. I could really feel your heart in those words. Thanks for being an encouraging brother.
Next time you give part on the school let me know. If it's anything like this post I'm there.

11:46 p. m.  
Blogger Dante the Inferno apparently wants to die.

Haha! Cool :) Thanks, I'll try to remember to do that.

12:46 a. m.  
Blogger Marvelous apparently wants to die.

How long have you been in Peru?

2:17 a. m.  
Blogger Dante the Inferno apparently wants to die.

Hi. I'm Daniel, though, I do go by Dante occasionaly.

I visited Peru for a week, to answer your question. It was sort of a side trip while I was visiting Ecudor. Now I'm back home in Florida.

You are?

10:33 p. m.  
Blogger OhKathy apparently wants to die.

hahahahah.
man thats great pictures!
haha the doggie looks soo cute.
heheheheh

3:55 p. m.  
Blogger Dante the Inferno apparently wants to die.

I can't belive I check old posts!!! HAHA!

5:45 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home